Thursday, October 25, 2012

Plastic Magic podcast #247 Oct 21st, 2012

Well, this show turned out to be very exciting! A while back ago me (Filthy Phil) and yer Uncle Butch issued a "mix tape" challenge asking for anyone to record some of their favorite songs and sent it on cassette tape to the KXUA studio (A665 Arkansas Union, Fayetteville, AR 72701) and I would play it over the air. A long time fan and frequent caller to the Plastic Magic program, named The Lizard, took us up on that challenge...stepped up the plate...swung the bat....hit the ball. I am not going to list everything that was played on the show this this time (I was in a bicycle crash monday and broke my arm....so I'm down to one arm), but half of it (60 minute tape) was sent in by the Lizard. It is very "lo-fi" and I played it just as it is except transfered to "mono". Another very exciting thing that happened on the show on this night, which was broadcast live BTW over KXUA 88.3FM in Fayetteville, AR and also over WBCQ "Area 51" 5.110MHz shortwave from Monticello, Maine was that I conducted my first ever live over the air telephone interview with The Lizard hisself!!!! enjoy this free podcast download: podcast #247 (the lizard tapes) and get ready for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment