Sunday, June 11, 2017

LAST SHOW Plastic Magic podcast # 437 May 28th, 2017

    Well, what can I say friends? It has been one hell of a trip. It has been an experience that I do not take lightly. I feel very privileged to have gotten to put on a show where I have had complete artistic freedom to do just what I wanted over the air. I have gotten nothing but hi fives from management and fellow DJs and programmers of both KXUA and WBCQ. What started as something I sort of considered my own little art project ended up being so much more than I could have ever planned for or seen coming. After 9 years we call it a night. But man oh man what a trip!
    I will probably post this again soon, so check back for a more complete show. Why I say that is we forgot to start the podcast computer to record when we started the show and didn't think to start it for more than 30 minutes into the show. As you can imagine, this was a themed show and the first part will be key to the experience. The good news is that it was all recorded over air at my house on cassette tape. All four hours! And I am in the process of digitizing it and putting it up elsewhere with a link from here. Until then, here is the standard download: The Last Ride .
   This show of course was not easy to get thru even when I thought it wouldn't be such a big deal. I had some close KXUA buddies (thankfully) stop by the studio to celebrate the last broadcast. The email that I give out over the air is still very much active, if you ever want to send me an email, please do. Thank you everyone! I have always felt close to the audience. Feeling like we are all sharing the experience together in real time. Human telepathy. Like Jim Dandy (of Black Oak Arkansas) says "we are the same kind, you and I..."
   I love you people, whether we KNOW each other or not.

2 comments:

  1. Once i heard and i loved the show.. I listened most of the times. I had a great learning and amazing fun ! Mr. DJ. Well job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mediafire.com/file/9b6w67z71v46t9e/Bongley_Dead_-_Undici_%282017%29.rar

    ReplyDelete